Talking To Dead People

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Talking To Dead People

Post by Antari on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:33 pm

This is where we talk about the ability to talk to dead people. Give your opinion on the matter, weather you believe in it or think it's all a hoax.

Personally, I think people can not talk to dead people. I feel the people who pretend then can are some of the worst people alive.

When a person dies, their loved ones may find it very hard to move on. When someone tells the person they can speak to the dead, the person will believe them becuase they are weak and would do anything to speak to the person they lost.
People who claim to speak to the dead may think they are helping the person, but they're really only providing false hope.

The "Medium will either use "Cold Reading" or "Hot Reading" to speak to the dead.

Cold Reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

Hot Reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_reading

During the process, the Medium may make several mistakes. But because the person is in such a weak state, they wont pay attention to the mistakes and focus on everything the medium gets right.

John Edwards is a medium. He has a show where he talks to the dead relatives of people in the audiance. Here's the thing: The TV show is an hour long, but the live show is two hours long. They cut out every mistake he makes for his TV show, to trick more people into believing he can speak to the dead.
Another thing is that he does is he makes people sign a contract before entering the live show, preventing them from talking about their part in the show to any other company. If he really could speak to the dead - why would he prevent the audiance from talking to companies?

My mother believes in all this paranormal crap. She watches the shows and even has John Edward's book. She never stops talking about how all these mediums and psychics are right. I don't know if there's a particular reason as to why she believes this crap, but she refuses to listen to anything I say.

I know it's a little hypocritical of me, saying that you can't talk to dead people when I claim to see a mysterious young girl everywhere, but that's different. I believe you can't speak to the dead, but I never said anything about spirits not being real.

When somebody dies, it's hard. Both my grandparents died before I was born (I'm named after one of them) and the only people I know who have died in my life time are my step-grandfather (Who I barely knew) and my old music teacher (Who died yesterday.). I do not personally know the pain of losing a loved one, but I do know that you are supposed to remember them for the memories you have of them - not what some Medium says.

I like my women how I like my coffee - Always in another castle.
Antari
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://crystalclear.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Talking To Dead People

Post by Mr Pie 5 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:40 pm

so technically they are talking to the dead
they just dont know what the -Wert- they are doing

^ OMG THATS ME!
Mr Pie 5

View user profile http://www.cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandler on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:47 pm

I don't belieave in it but, I always thought they were just crazy or something. If they belieave that they can talk to the dead enough they will start to think they hear thing that arn't real. I never heard of those shows.
Chandler
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Superevil225 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:54 pm

I do it all the time with my friends. I don't know if it's real or not, but it's fun! Well it's not fun when your friends choose YOU to be the medium. My opinions: It's fun, It is NOT connecting to the devil, and spirits can NOT predict the future. If they are real or not, who cares.

Doesn't mean it isn't fun! XD

Superevil225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sajextryus on Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:38 pm

I might do something at my new house. I've got 4 night vision cameras (one Hi8, one Mini-DV, and two Security camera's with motion detection) and a hell of a lot of tapes (I prefer analog most of the time). I used to record a lot at my old house and we got a lot of results. We never did much at this house. Not much ever really happened while at the house, but 2 weeks ago, something banged on the wall next to the couch. I checked outside, and everyone was already gone. There might be a chance that a bird hit the wall (embarassing, but this happened before quite a few times. Stupid pigeons Twisted Evil ), but it was pretty loud. Well, I'll check around at night sometime. I might also try that video feedback test.

P.S. My avatar is from an old investigation video we did.
P.P.S. John Edwards SUCKS!
P.P.P.S. Unfortunately, I know a lot of people who passed on compared to you. Not all of them just died. Sad
P.P.P.P.S. Some of the occurrences I witnessed before are part of inspiration for some of my stories.
Sajextryus
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wert Ac on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:47 pm

Strange things happen in my house...A lot. It was built in the late 1800's, so a lot of stuff could have (and most likely has) happened in it since then. This one time, I was home alone, and I out of nowhere, I heard what sounded like a little girl giggling. I went all around the house, inside and out, and found nobody. I practically -wert!- my pants lol. Televisions sometimes turn on by themselves, and stuff falls without any obvious physical explanation.

View user profile http://s4.zetaboards.com/Halbatross

Back to top Go down

Post by knife in a box on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:22 pm

Wert Ac wrote:Strange things happen in my house...A lot. It was built in the late 1800's, so a lot of stuff could have (and most likely has) happened in it since then. This one time, I was home alone, and I out of nowhere, I heard what sounded like a little girl giggling. I went all around the house, inside and out, and found nobody. I practically -wert!- my pants lol. Televisions sometimes turn on by themselves, and stuff falls without any obvious physical explanation.

That happens at my house too! Except for the little girl giggling... That's just creepy >_>
knife in a box
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

View user profile http://www.gamerzcut.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Wert Ac on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:51 pm

...And it was when I was going to the bathroom lol. It sounded like it came from the other side of the door, and no TV was on. If my house IS haunted, I'm glad its by a little girl, and not something viscous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Antari on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:00 am

I dunno Wert, innocence is creepier than you think.

And hotter >_>

I like my women how I like my coffee - Always in another castle.
Antari
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://crystalclear.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sajextryus on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Wert Ac wrote:...And it was when I was going to the bathroom lol. It sounded like it came from the other side of the door, and no TV was on. If my house IS haunted, I'm glad its by a little girl, and not something viscous.
Yesh...
Sajextryus
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wert Ac on Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:05 pm

O_O
Spying on my in the bathroom is one thing, but burning down my house?! Idk.

Back to top Go down

Post by yoshifan64 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:59 pm

Or -wert!-ing you in your sleep..... creepy......
yoshifan64
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Pie 5 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:19 pm

Join us Wert...
Join us Wert...
Join us Wert...

^ OMG THATS ME!
Mr Pie 5