Crystal Clear
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Gamecube]Pikmin/Pikmin 2 (2001/2004)

4 posters

Go down

[Gamecube]Pikmin/Pikmin 2 (2001/2004) Empty [Gamecube]Pikmin/Pikmin 2 (2001/2004)

Post by Wert Ac Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:22 pm

[Gamecube]Pikmin/Pikmin 2 (2001/2004) Pikmin1boxart1

In 2001, Nintendo came out with possibly one of its most successful consoles, the Nintendo Gamecube. It took up little space, and introduced Nintendo games to the disk format, and on top of that, the disks were small, and very portable! One of the first titles released for the Gamecube, was the hit game, Pikmin.

Pikmin's unique action-strategy gameplay (similar to an RTS) was quickly understandable and allowed the feeling of commanding troops, but still maintaining the charm of acting through a single character. Throughout the game, you discover three types of pikmin. Red, yellow, and blue (in that order). Red pikmin are stronger and immune to fire, yellow pikmin can be thrown higher/further, and can carry bombs, and blue pikmin can survive in water. And...they're sooooooooooooooo cute! [/napa DBZ abridged voice]. Pikmin became an excellent seller for Nintendo, and a sequel was inevitable.

[Gamecube]Pikmin/Pikmin 2 (2001/2004) Pikmin_2_box

In 2004, the highly anticipated sequel to Nintendo's 2001 hit, Pikmin was released. Pikmin 2 immediately surpassed the game that already seemed perfect.

Nintendo abandoned the time limit featured in Pikmin 1, but still maintained a sense of urgency, and drastically increased the games longevity. On average, the SECOND time playing through this game, takes about 26 hours. Initial gameplay time with no help from guides could take as long as 70. Pikmin 2 also introduced a fantastic multiplayer (restricted to 2 players). Each player could have a maximum of 50 pikmin, and the goal was to receive a pearl from the enemy's base. However, most people find it more fun to obtain cherries...Cherries randomize a special boost to help you, and in most cases, allow you to pit beasts against your enemy. You can use up to 6 cherries at a time, to rapidly deplete your foe's pikmin population. Now, as for changes in singleplayer gameplay compared to the original pikmin, several things were enhanced. New bosses and beasts were added, leading up to a staggering amount of monsters to fight. Two new pikmin were made in addition to the original three. Purple, and white. Purple have the strength, and weight as TEN red pikmin. White pikmin can see objects buried underground, are immune to poison, and can poison enemies when eaten. Yellow pikmin, loose their ability to carry bomb rocks. But they gain a much more useful skill. They become invulnerable to electricity, and are the only ones that can take down electric fences. Pikmin 2 was as successful (if not, more successful), than the original pikmin, and a third installation to the series quickly became anticipated.

[Gamecube]Pikmin/Pikmin 2 (2001/2004) Pikmin3Cover

Sadly, it has been six years, but there has been no "official" word of there being a Pikmin 3. However, Shigero Miyamoto has been giving more than enough hints suggesting that Nintendo is making a third, and final pikmin game (not to be confused with pikmin 1 and pikmin 2 new play control. He confirmed that he was not speaking of these games when he said "we're making pikmin"). I estimate that Pikmin 3 will be available somewhere around 2011, or 2012, and it will be announced in 2010. Don't hold your breath though, as the only thing to go by is speculation.
Wert Ac
Wert Ac

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Halbatross

Back to top Go down

[Gamecube]Pikmin/Pikmin 2 (2001/2004) Empty Re: [Gamecube]Pikmin/Pikmin 2 (2001/2004)

Post by knife in a box Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:54 pm

I hope they do start to make Pikmin 3 Smile One of my favorite series Very Happy
knife in a box
knife in a box
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

http://www.gamerzcut.net

Back to top Go down

[Gamecube]Pikmin/Pikmin 2 (2001/2004) Empty Re: [Gamecube]Pikmin/Pikmin 2 (2001/2004)

Post by Antari Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:58 pm

I had Pikmin once. I ended up giving it back and trading it for a new game.

But now-a-days I do constantly feel like playing this game, or the sequel. It's a type of game like no other Smile
Antari
Antari
Admin
Admin

https://crystalclear.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by knife in a box Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:04 pm

How could you trade it in! D:

It's one of the best games ever!!
knife in a box
knife in a box
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

http://www.gamerzcut.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Wert Ac Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:50 pm

Antari wrote:I had Pikmin once. I ended up giving it back and trading it for a new game.

But now-a-days I do constantly feel like playing this game, or the sequel. It's a type of game like no other Smile
If you only intend to play one of them, play Pikmin 2. ts better, and explains what happens in Pikmin 1 for you. If you want to play them both, play pikmin 1 first, because it does set a the tone for the next four games.
Wert Ac
Wert Ac

Back to top Go down

Post by Antari Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:57 pm

Wert Ac wrote:
Antari wrote:I had Pikmin once. I ended up giving it back and trading it for a new game.

But now-a-days I do constantly feel like playing this game, or the sequel. It's a type of game like no other [Gamecube]Pikmin/Pikmin 2 (2001/2004) Icon_smile
If you only intend to play one of them, play Pikmin 2. ts better, and explains what happens in Pikmin 1 for you. If you want to play them both, play pikmin 1 first, because it does set a the tone for the next four games.

Isn't there a new Wii-Control pack with both games?

I think I'll get Pikmin 1 first. Atleast, I WOULD if I actually had money Razz

A part of me would like to get a job, so I'd have something to spend on games, but I live in a Dutch-speaking place and I can't speak Dutch to save my life!
Antari
Antari
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wert Ac Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:02 pm

No their separate. And only Pikmin 1 NPC is available in the US. You have to get NTSCj or PAL Pikmin 2 NPC. I torrented it and hacked my wii to play it (it only works on some TVs). And now I got some lightscribe disks, so I might have to do that again lol, just to have a nicer color (and its a difficult to find torrent, and usually only has like 5 seeds, takes DAYS to download...)
Wert Ac
Wert Ac

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandler Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:06 pm

I hope that if there is a third game that the entire game can be played in co-op.
Chandler
Chandler
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Antari Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:03 am

Wert Ac wrote:No their separate. And only Pikmin 1 NPC is available in the US. You have to get NTSCj or PAL Pikmin 2 NPC. I torrented it and hacked my wii to play it (it only works on some TVs). And now I got some lightscribe disks, so I might have to do that again lol, just to have a nicer color (and its a difficult to find torrent, and usually only has like 5 seeds, takes DAYS to download...)

Uhhh..... I live in Europe Smile
Antari
Antari
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wert Ac Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:51 pm

@Chandler: That would be cool, as well as online multiplayer. That would kick more ass than....DEATH NOTE PORTAL AND PIKMIN 2 COMBINED!!!!
@Silver: D: ! I envy you....
Wert Ac
Wert Ac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum