sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Go down

sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Post by oscarstrok on Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:48 am

mario has been racing his friends and throwing green shells for oner 10 years, but now sega is planning to steal marios thunder

gameplay: the gameplay is, as i can simpily put, amazing, your racer just does as its told, smooth controling and a drift option like on mario kart, only this time you need it. their isnt really a break option so if you wanna make a suddan stop, well tough, every character has their all star move which are quite creative, it mostly just speeds you up

characters: the characters come from not just the sonic universe, but alot more; billy hatchet, amigo, beat and much much more, even alex kidd is in the game. so you have a lot of options to choose from.

graphics: well let me just say that the graphics are amazing, yes even on the wii, infact, the ps3, xbox and wii version are mostly the same, so you dont have to worry about choosing graphics over gameplay.

maps: the maps on sonic and sega all stars racing are just stunning, they also bring back memories, like lost palace is in sonic heroes (my first ever sonic game). and maps of newish games like sonic unleashed (awesome game) with eggmanland

online: online is also awesome apart from it only contains racing, and 4 player splitscreen offers a battlemode Very Happy, their are mini games which are fun, but you cant play co-op on them Sad

overall: sonic and sega all stars racing is a brilliant game thats well put together that makes the contest "which is the best sega character" fair. and dont get put off with the sonic in the title its a all round sega game thats if you get the xbox version, you get to play banjo Very Happy

i give this game an 9/10
avatar
oscarstrok
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Posts : 124
Points : 154
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 27
Location : games workshop museum :D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Post by Wert Ac on Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:47 pm

This is a very bias review...

_________________
avatar
Wert Ac
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 314
Points : 362
Join date : 2010-01-25
Age : 24
Location : Wertopia

View user profile http://s4.zetaboards.com/Halbatross

Back to top Go down

Re: sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Post by oscarstrok on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:48 am

Wert Ac wrote:This is a very bias review...

well it is my opinion.
avatar
oscarstrok
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Posts : 124
Points : 154
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 27
Location : games workshop museum :D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Post by xdenslatx on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:05 pm

when I played the demo, I found it to be typical mario kart style without much variance
avatar
xdenslatx
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 266
Points : 306
Join date : 2010-02-02
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Post by oscarstrok on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:33 pm

xdenslatx wrote:when I played the demo, I found it to be typical mario kart style without much variance

it technically is mario kart but with sega characters Razz
and imo a bit more lively and challenging
avatar
oscarstrok
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Posts : 124
Points : 154
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 27
Location : games workshop museum :D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Post by Antari on Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:13 pm

oscarstrok wrote:
Wert Ac wrote:This is a very bias review...

well it is my opinion.

Exactly. Reviews are opinions. That's the exact reason why the Irate Gamer shouldn't get all this hate - he's giving his opinion.

Great review! I may get this game...

_________________

I like my women how I like my coffee - Always in another castle.
avatar
Antari
Admin
Admin

Posts : 376
Points : 521
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 23
Location : Beneath The Floor Boards

View user profile http://crystalclear.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Post by Superintendent on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:06 pm

MMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDD
MDNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN$:..=I$$ZZZZ$7=,.,$NNNNNNNNNNNNNNDNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN~.?Z$ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ?.~DNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND::$ZZZZZZZ$Z$ZZZZZZZZZZZ$Z$$$$$:.DDNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDD?.$ZZZZZ$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$,?DNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN~.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$+~DNDNNDDNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNDD7.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$~7DDDDDDDNNNNNNNNND
NNNNNNNNNDDDDDD.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.DDDDDDDNNNNNNNND
NNNNNNNNNNNNDD:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:~DDNDNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNDO.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$+ODDDDNNNNNNNND
NNNNNNNNNNND=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$=:DNDDNNNNNNND
NNNNNNNNNN$,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$7$DNNNNNNNNND
NNNNNNNNNN:ZZZZZ$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:INNNNNNNNND
NNNNNNNNN,ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ$Z$$$ZZZZ$ZZZ$$$$$Z$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ZZZ:NNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNN:7ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ$ZZ$$$Z$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ZZZZZ:NNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNN~ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ$$$$$$$$$$$$$ZZZZZZZZ~7NNNNNNND
NNNNNNN?ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ$.......=ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ$,......+$ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,NNNNNNNN
NNNNNNN,ZZZZZZZZZZZ7.....,,,,,,,ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZI...........,ZZZZZZZZZZZZ+NNNNNNNN
NNNNNNZ~ZZZZZZZZZZ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ZZZZZZZZZZZZ+,.............ZZZZZZZZZZZZZNNNNNNN
NNNNNN~7ZZZZZZZZZ?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ZZZZZZZZZZ=,,,,,,,.,.......ZZZZZZZZZZZ=NNNNNNN
NNNNNN:ZZZZZZZZZZ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ZZZZZZZZZZ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:ZZZZZZZZZZ:NNNNNND
NNNNNN:ZZZZZZZZZ$,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,IZZZZZZZZZ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ZZZZZZZZZZ:NNNNNND
NNNNNN:ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ~NNNNNNN
NNNNNN:ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ~NNNNNND
NNNNNN=$ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ=NNNNNND
NNNNNNO=ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOONNNNNND
NNNNNNN~ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZO?NNNNNNND
NNNNNNNIOOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOZOOO~NNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNN+OOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOZOOOOOOO+$NNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNN=$ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOO=NNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNN~OOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOO+NNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNN=OZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOZOOOOOOOOOOO+7NNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNZ~OOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOZZNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNND?ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOZOOOOOO?+NNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNN8~ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOI8NNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNND=OOOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOO+?NNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNN~ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOZOZOOOO~NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN$~ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOO?$NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN?~ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOI?NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN7~ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ=7NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN=+ZZZZZZZZOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZO+~NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN+~IZOZZOZOZZZZOOZZZOOZOOI~+DNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNZ+~~?7ZOOOOOZ$?=~~ZNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNO
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND$
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN$$
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN$$$$
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN8O$$$$$$
avatar
Superintendent
SuperIntendent
SuperIntendent

Posts : 5
Points : 16
Join date : 2010-02-03
Location : New Mombasa

View user profile http://bungie.net

Back to top Go down

Re: sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Post by Mr Pie 5 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:33 pm

I cant tell what that is

hey super, can I have a cookie

_________________
"Don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes!"
"But sir, they're wearing sunglasses!"


^ OMG THATS ME!
avatar
Mr Pie 5
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 537
Points : 548
Join date : 2010-02-01
Age : 22
Location : In front of behind you

View user profile http://www.cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

Back to top Go down

Re: sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Post by Wert Ac on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:46 pm

I think its supposed to be the superintendent pic written in ASCII art...But its like...Distorted for some reason. Wonder what thats supposed to mean.

_________________
avatar
Wert Ac
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 314
Points : 362
Join date : 2010-01-25
Age : 24
Location : Wertopia

View user profile http://s4.zetaboards.com/Halbatross

Back to top Go down

Re: sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Post by oscarstrok on Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:43 am

Banjomaster94 wrote:The game sucks. It is a mario kart rip off. The only reason any one here would give it a good review is because banjo is in it. It does not even have as many features as mario kart, if they were going to rip it off they should have done it right.

wow, calm down, its just a game
avatar
oscarstrok
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Posts : 124
Points : 154
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 27
Location : games workshop museum :D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Post by oscarstrok on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:29 pm

Antari wrote:
oscarstrok wrote:
Wert Ac wrote:This is a very bias review...

well it is my opinion.

Exactly. Reviews are opinions. That's the exact reason why the Irate Gamer shouldn't get all this hate - he's giving his opinion.

Great review! I may get this game...

i think people hate him because he tends to get a bit angry when reviewing a game he didnt like
and he insults people who bought the game he dosnt like

for example, on the mario and sonic at the olympic games, he said that he felt sorry for the people who brought it. he's a good guy, just a bit oppinionated, like the editor-in-chief of IGN (LOL)
avatar
oscarstrok
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Posts : 124
Points : 154
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 27
Location : games workshop museum :D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Post by Wert Ac on Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:17 pm

I like seeing the bad things about games. The average gamer is more likely to notice a flaw than a positive aspect. Knowing the game that has the least flaws is a good one to buy...But ANY game can have good things written about it. I think reviews should be written with facts, and no opinions, leaving the reader to decide if its good enough or not.

_________________
avatar
Wert Ac
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 314
Points : 362
Join date : 2010-01-25
Age : 24
Location : Wertopia

View user profile http://s4.zetaboards.com/Halbatross

Back to top Go down

Re: sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Post by Chandler on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:15 pm

opinions are helpful too because its kinda hard to tell how fun a game is with just facts.
avatar
Chandler
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts : 82
Points : 94
Join date : 2010-02-01
Age : 22
Location : a store near you

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Post by Antari on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:39 pm

I disagree.

Opinions are much more human. People tell you what they liked and what they didn't like about it, and it helps you to decide wether to get it or not. Facts are simply statments about the game.

_________________

I like my women how I like my coffee - Always in another castle.
avatar
Antari
Admin
Admin

Posts : 376
Points : 521
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 23
Location : Beneath The Floor Boards

View user profile http://crystalclear.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Post by Chandler on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:50 pm

Everybody has differant oppinions though because facts can be something that one person likes but another dislikes.
avatar
Chandler
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts : 82
Points : 94
Join date : 2010-02-01
Age : 22
Location : a store near you

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Post by Antari on Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:14 pm

That's why you have to listen to may different opionions.

Facts are also opinions. People use different wording to make facts support their opinion more.

_________________

I like my women how I like my coffee - Always in another castle.
avatar
Antari
Admin
Admin

Posts : 376
Points : 521
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 23
Location : Beneath The Floor Boards

View user profile http://crystalclear.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Post by Wert Ac on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Well this is sort of offtopic. In stead of discussing the definition of a good review, lets discuss the game itself. Agreed?

_________________
avatar
Wert Ac
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 314
Points : 362
Join date : 2010-01-25
Age : 24
Location : Wertopia

View user profile http://s4.zetaboards.com/Halbatross

Back to top Go down

Re: sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Post by Mr Pie 5 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:48 pm

offtopic is an opinion

_________________
"Don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes!"
"But sir, they're wearing sunglasses!"


^ OMG THATS ME!
avatar
Mr Pie 5
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 537
Points : 548
Join date : 2010-02-01
Age : 22
Location : In front of behind you

View user profile http://www.cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

Back to top Go down

Re: sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Post by oscarstrok on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:52 am

banjo's all star is just awesome, kazooie gets mumbo's wrench and summons jiggies on the track, its just plain awesome

here it is

avatar
oscarstrok
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Posts : 124
Points : 154
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 27
Location : games workshop museum :D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sonic and sega all stars raceing review

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum