Crystal Clear
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Video Game EVER

+2
knife in a box
Mr Pie 5
6 posters

Go down

Favorite Video Game  EVER Empty Favorite Video Game EVER

Post by Mr Pie 5 Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Title says it all

mine would be either Halo 3 or Left 4 dead 2
impossible to decide

how about you guys? Question

Last edited by Mr Pie 5 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Pie 5
Mr Pie 5

http://www.cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

Back to top Go down

Favorite Video Game  EVER Empty Re: Favorite Video Game EVER

Post by knife in a box Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:16 pm

Portal (Thanks Wert for showing me this Very Happy) or either Mirror's Edge Smile
knife in a box
knife in a box
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

http://www.gamerzcut.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Superevil225 Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Portal, Zelda:OOT, or Assassin's Creed.
Superevil225
Superevil225

Back to top Go down

Post by Antari Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:34 am

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

I freakin' love this game. Sweet graphics (For it's time), great controls and a dark, dark story Favorite Video Game  EVER Icon_biggrin

There are less temples in this game than in Ocarina of Time, but the game makes up for it in side quests. There are easy side quests and really difficult side quests, and the reward is almost always worth the work. The bonus masks you get for doing side quests can help you a LOT in and around the temples (The Stone Mask makes the Pirate Fortress SO much easier!).

The story is one of my favoraites. Unless you call upon the 4 giants located at 4 different locations, the moon will fall on the town and kill everyone. It's delightfully dark!
I like the fact that when you use the Song of Healing on someone in a lot of pain, they turn into a mask which you can then wear and BECOME them!
One of my favoraite things in this game in the 3-Day time limit. It brings a sence of urgency to the game. It also allowes non-playable characters to be in different places (Depending on the time of the day), unlike in Ocarina of Time, where they would just stand in the same place all day. I also like the realisation that, after you go back in time, all the good things you did were undone.

It's also a helpful game. If you keep dying in the Pirate Fortress, you can go get the Stone Mask to help you. If you can't beat a temple in less than 3 days, you can play the Song of Backwards Time to give you more time. If you can't beat the very last boss, you can get all the masks in the game and earn the Feirce Deity Mask.

Another great thing about this game is that you can make up and discuss different backstories for different things. My favoraite backstory I've read is the one about the Feirce Deity Mask. Some people think that the Feirce Deity Mask is actually pure evil. They say that in a previous adventure of one of Link's ancestors, Link actually managed to get the TriForce and become a god. Then, when he became crazy with power, the three godesses that make up the TriForce turned him back to normal and trapped all his power in a mask - the Feirce Deity Mask. In Majora's Mask, when you first get the Feirce Deity Mask, the Majora's Mask tells you he wants to play good guy VS bad guy - "... And YOU be the bad guy".
There's also the story of the TetraForce - a TriForce with a 4th piece (Which fits into the middle). There are a total of 4 golden triangles on the Ocarina of Time sheild (one pointing upside down). There are also 4 light-god things in Twilight Princess; the first 3 have similar names to the 3 godesses (What about the 4th?). Also, since the colour associated with the TriForce of Power is Red, the TriForce of Courage is Green and the TriForce of Wisdom is Blue, then why is there a 4th Link in 4-Swords wearing purple?

I could go on and on and on about interesting backstories, but I'll leave that for now Favorite Video Game  EVER Icon_razz

It's a dark game, and I love it Favorite Video Game  EVER Icon_smile

Oh, and here's a fun fact; I went searching for a Majora's Mask group on FaceBook and I saw a group called "If Majora's Mask Disapointed You, Join.". It only had one member! Take THAT!

Favorite Video Game  EVER Majorasmask
Antari
Antari
Admin
Admin

https://crystalclear.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xdenslatx Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:20 pm

Am I the only one who is going to say the banjo trilogy (gruntys revenge and pilot are only rip offs if you ask me)
xdenslatx
xdenslatx

Back to top Go down

Post by Wert Ac Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:02 pm

I really liked the first banjo-kazooie, but it can't beat pikmin....Pikmin is just so....PIKMIN.
Wert Ac
Wert Ac

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Halbatross

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Pie 5 Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:46 pm

Mr Pie 5
Mr Pie 5

http://www.cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content